Friday, April 27, 2012

Funeral Card Friday - Minnie Rosales

Last week I wrote about my mother's collection of funeral cards that I received after she died. She had saved the majority of funeral cards from every funeral she attended since 1948. I promised to feature a new one every week so today I have decided to share the funeral card of Minnie Rosales. Domenica (Minnie) Rosales was the sister of my "uncle" (we called him uncle, he was actually married to my father's cousin) Frank Yapelli. Both Minnie and Frank were born in Cortale, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. Minnie was an amazing woman who I will always remember for her acts of kindness to me (for now, that will remain between her and I) and she used to sing beautiful songs that she heard growing up in Cortale. In retrospect, I really wish I would have filmed her singing those songs. Often as she would sing those songs, she would get a far away look in her eyes, as if she was remembering her mother singing them to her, long ago in Italy.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am the granddaughter of Minnie Rosales!!! I am thrilled to see this and would love to know more about you and tell you more as well! Please contact me! Marcellaluna1211@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete